Troop 25 offers hiking activities throughout the year on a wide variety of hiking trails throughout Missouri and Illinois. From numerous trails over the rolling hills of Beaumont Scout Reservation to the rugged, two-day 20-mile hike across Taum Sauk Mountain in the Ozarks. There are also historic trails such as the Gateway West in downtown St. Louis and the Les Petites Cotes in St. Charles.
10 Items every Scout should carry when going on Troop 25 hikes:
- Backpack: comfortable, lightweight, easily packable and perfect for stowing away all the essentials you’ll need to carry.
- Compass & Map: telling you where you are, what’s around you and the best way to get where you want to go.
- Rain gear: lightweight and vented protection for comfort throughout the hike.
- Waterproof Footwear: boots or trail hiking shoes designed to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- First-aid kit: adhesive bandages, moleskin, gauze, antibiotic ointment, etc.
- Water bottle: filled and large enough to last until it can be filled again.
- Flashlight: for emergency use only.
- Trail food: lightweight calorie dense foods that can handle the lack of refrigeration
- Sun protection: sunscreen of SPF 30 or greater and a hat.
- Whistle: also for emergency use only.